Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving in MI

It's been awhile since my last post due to a extended trip to MI and the lack of Internet. Mike and I spent the Thanksgiving holidays staying in Holland with my Mom and getting together with various friends and family.

As always our first stop was to see our Little Man Owen. Mike and I had the honor of presenting him with his first ever Christmas present. In typical baby fashion he was more interested in the wrapping then the gift inside, as illustrated by his death grip on that bow.
Later he did warm up to his gift and as you can see here is now cruising in style. Unfortunately this was or last visit with Owen until after the holidays. We will miss you little one and can't wait to see you in the new year.

The rest of the trip was spent doing various family activities. Mike spent Thanksgiving day with his mom's side of the family, while my Mom and I had a relaxing Turkey day complete with a "chicken wing feast", MY FAVORITE!
Friday Mike and I hung out with my Mom and took her to see a movie. We saw 4 Christmases which was hilarious and so true. It was really good to spend time with the three of us and just have fun. We tend to be really silly and always end up making fools of ourselves. But hey, if you can't be crazy with family, then what's the point.
Saturday took us up the Howard City to spend the day celebrating Christmas with Mike's dad's side of the family. This is always a wild and crazy time, with lots of laughs and a few tears. I think this is a good time to share my new favorite quote, "Christmas isn't Christmas until somebody cries" as said by donkey in Shrek the Halls. If everyone looks back over Christmas's past I am sure they will see the truth in this. Overall, the day went really well and it was great to see family.

Here is my favorite photo of the day:Mike and I with our new nephew Cohen...What a cute group!!
So after a very tense 5 hour drive home, it's back to the real world for 2 weeks, then we leave for CALIFORNIA...YIPPEE!!! Ta ta for now. Kate

No comments: