Monday, June 7, 2010

Celebrating Parents

I was doubly blessed this Mother's Day. Not only was it my 1st of many Mother's Days with this little cutie, but it was the 1st one in a long time that my Mom lived close enough so I could see her on the actual day. Everyone who know me knows how close I am to my Mom and having her there to celebrate a day that I had been waiting for for a long time was truly amazing.

Here is a 3 generation photo!!
I look ahead to the upcoming Father's Day with mixed emotions. Since losing my Dad a few years back I have not celebrated this day, as it was too painful. This year I look forward to celebrating what a wonderful Daddy Mike is to our little girl. However, looking at those Father's Day cards and gifts will always bring a twinge of sadness. I hope and pray that they celebrate Dads every day in Heaven. Miss you Dad!!

No comments: