Sunday, February 1, 2009

Extreme Loss

I write this post with tears in my eyes. It seems like crying is what I've done a lot of this weekend. Just a few days ago Mike and I were extremely excited and looking forward to announcing to friends and family that we were expecting our first baby. After a year of trying we were finally blessed with a positive test on Jan. 17th. Since then we had been getting more excited by the day and had been finding it difficult to not tell everyone that we know and love our great news. Unfortunately, our little one was not healthy and was not able to stay with us. Friday when I woke up I knew that something was wrong and a trip to the Dr. confirmed that we had suffered a miscarriage. Now we are grieving the loss of our little peanut by trying to focus on the good things in our life, while looking forward to trying again in the future. I would like to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. Please continue to pray and keep us in their thoughts. Kate

4 comments:

Tripp said...

Oh Kate I am so sorry. I will be thinking of you. You love that little bean from the moment you find out.

Sara Denslaw said...

Katie, a little over 4 years ago i had a baby boy, 5 weeks early. He lived just 12 days. Its the hardest thing a person can go through. I hope the days will become a little easier as time goes by.

Tracy and Dave said...

Kate, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I will be thinking about you and sending positive thoughts your way

Alyson said...

Dear Kate, I am sorry about your loss. I am praying for you and Mike and your future in starting a family. I hope your mom has a fast and healthy recovery, may God bless you all. Alyson