Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Megan’s Birth Story Part 2

Once I was settled into the labor and delivery room, I was offered an epidural. Of Course this was something that I wanted, unfortunately I had to get a liter of fluid in before they could place it, and this took an hour. That in addition to the hour it took for the anesthesiologist, with 5 plus tries, to get the epidural in, made for the most painful 2 hours of my labor.  But once that medicine started flowing I was finally able to relax and rest for the work that was yet come.

At 1pm, 12 hours into labor, it was time to start pushing. I was so glad to have my Mom and Mike both there to help me. I don’t think that any of us realized how hard of work it would be for them, but as always I knew I could count on them. Unfortunately during the next 2 hours I began to have symptoms of infection and severe shaking. This means that my memories of the events are limited, but from what Mike and Mom told me I pushed for 2 hours before getting to meet my precious baby girl. Megan Janell Stormes was born at 3pm, She was completely alert, but didn’t cry when she was born, and weighed in at 7 pounds 3 ounces. Since we had been told at our 28 week ultrasound that Megan was already 7 pounds, we were planning for a large baby. I can still remember the Dr’s first words when Megan was born, she said “Kate, she’s so small”. Even though I don’t remember it Megan was placed on my belly, I kissed her, and told her how much I Loved her before Mike cut the cord and she was whisked away to be checked over.

Though this day was an extreme amount of work and rather scary, it was the best day of my life. I never knew that I could love someone so completely and so instantly. Megan has enriched our lives in ways I never imagined and I can’t wait to see what adventures her future will bring us.

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY BABY GIRL!!!

P1000701

P1000704

4 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Awwww! Love the pictures! (and the story too!) Happy first Birthday Miss Megan!

ContiZecca said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Hey! I just stumble on your blog and seen the pictures, I couldn't help but smile... That baby is really cute.


Seattle Real Estate | Lift Kits

superman said...

Oohh.. I like your photo she's so cute!


Alaska Fishing Lodge | Real Estate